There is a gross deficit in the mental health training facilities in our country. The existing institutes lack sufficient opportunity in training. As there are no efficient and adequate persons in the training of mental health, we started training programmes with the motive of imparting sound knowledge about various aspects of mental health.
Athma hospitals offers internship programmes to Psychology students, Social work trainees, both undergraduate and post-graduate courses for psychiatric nursing students, and allied health students throughout the country.
This is one of the largest private service facilitators in India that provides mental health training to students from inside and outside the state.
I had a very nice experience in athma hospital. It is very useful here. Learning every type of conditions in the psychiatry field. They are showing a very good improvement in patients. Every therapy conducting in this place are very useful. – Giri Girija
Clinical training postings to outpatient and inpatient wards and residential & rehabilitation centers with adequate patients exposure are the highlights of our training, and the expert team guides students in organizing community organization programme and also Athma offers soft skill development training to social work trainees. Upon completion, students receive a certification.
Institutions affiliated with Athma Hospitals
- Bishop’s College of Nursing, Dharapuram
- Child Jesus College of Nursing, Tiruchirappalli
- CK School of Nursing, Erode
- Doctors’ College of Nursing, Pudukkottai
- Doctors’ School of Nursing Pudukkottai
- Indira College of Nursing, Tiruchirappalli.
- Indira College of Nursing, Tiruchirappalli
- J.J. Institute of Nursing, Pudukkottai
- Jennys College of Nursing, Tiruchirappalli
- Karpaga Vinayaga College of Nursing, Pudukottai
- Kasturba Gandhi Nursing College, Puducherry
- KMC College of Nursing, Tiruchirappalli.
- M.A.M. College of Nursing, Tiruchirappalli
- Mookambakai College of Nursing Tiruchirappalli
- Nehru College of Nursing, Tiruchirappalli
- RMET – IS School of Nursing, Tiruchirappalli
- Sakthi College of Nursing, Karur
- Sakthi School of Nursing, Karur.
- School of Nursing, CSI Hospital, Erode
- Servite College of Nursing, Tiruchirappalli
- Shree Lakshmi Venkateswara College of Nursing, Hiriyur.
- Srinivasan College of Nursing, Perambalur
- St. Benedict’s College of Nursing, Tiruvannamalai.
- Tamilnadu Christian Revival Mission Organisation College of Nursing, Perambalur
- Thanthai Roever College of Nursing, Permabular
- Vinayaga Nursing College, Ariyalur
- Vinayaka Mission’s Annapoorana College of Nursing, Salem
- Vinayaka Mission‛s College of Nursing, Karaikal
- Christ University, Bangalore
- PSG College of Arts & Science, Coimbatore
- Presidency College, Chennai
- Avinasilingam University, Coimbatore
- Anugraha Institute, Dindigul
- Alagappa University, Karaikudi
- Avinashilingam Institute for Home Science and higher Education for Women, Coimbatore
- St Mary’s college, Tuticorin
- Sathyabama University, Chennai
- Bharathiyar University, Coimbatore
- Annamalai University, Chithambaram
- RVS Kumaran Arts and Science College, Dindigul
Occupational Therapy Institute
- JKK College of Occupational Therapy
Social work Departments
- Alagappa University, Karaikudi.
- Bharathidasan University constitutional college, Kurumbalur, Perambalur
- Bharathidasan University constitutional college, Oruthanadu
- Bharathidasan University, Kajamalai Campus, Trichy.
- Bishop Heber College, Trichy
- Cauvery College for Women, Trichy
- Chithambaram Pillai College for women, Mannachanallur.
- Don Bosco College, Dharmapuri.
- Holy Cross College, Trichy
- Jamal Mohamed College, Trichy.
- Lady dock college, Madurai
- Srimath Andavar College, Srirangam.
- Srimathi Indira Gandhi College for Women
- Stella Mery’s College, Chennai
- TATA institute Mumbai Campus.
- Urumu Dhanalakshmi College, Kattur, Trichy
It is a very good experience here. And they are showing very good improvement in patients. Really nice experience for students to learn. Every staff are really very kind. And they are patiently handling everyone. Getting knowledge about every department and treatments. They will clarify every doubt which we are asking. They are giving great support for every work. – Saranya Lakshmi
Athma has a very good psychotic hospital and it has very good staffs. And my college students also can learn about disease and disorder of psychotic…. And authority is providing more opportunities to learn – Prakathi Kandhan
The class of topics related to psychiatric is very useful for us. athma was doing a good job by curing and providing a new environment to every psychiatric patient and also providing a good life to wandering patients at Shanthivanam. It was a nice experience for us to see different cases. At Athma we learned that psychiatric disorders are curable. – ACN barani. V
It’s a good experience to me. From this athma posting i learn about the different type of cases. 👍👍👍👍really it’s a great exposure. – Logu Raju
For learning about psychiatric conditions and to gain knowledge regarding the patients with psychiatric illness, athma hospital is best. – Sathya Anitha