Athma's Mind City
The promoters of the ATHMA, having decades of experience in the Psychiatric Care and continuing to expand their services to the Indian Mental Health segment, have proposed to come up with a new 290 bedded Psychiatric Specialty Hospital – ATHMA MIND CITY.
Through Athma Mind City, we aim to deliver quality psychiatric treatment as well as Residential Care for patients, with well-designed,
landscaped open areas to give a relaxed and peaceful ambience to the facility, along with an effective yet non-intrusive Security system.
With focus on General Psychiatry, De-Addiction and Dementia Residential Care, the proposed hospital would be located off NH-1 in Alundur village of Tiruchirapalli district on the Sooravalipatti Rd., Tamil Nadu, India.
The total project cost is estimated at INR 40 Crores. The Construction is planned into phase I, II, III, Land has been acquired for the project, the civil construction is yet to commence.
Holistic Out-Patient & In-Patient Care
State-of-the-Art Electro Convulsive Therapy (ECT), Repetitive Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (rTMS), Transcranial Direct Current Stimulation (tDCS) facilities
Full-fledged ICU facilities to manage emergencies
Acute Care for Violent Patients
Ambulance services & Conference / Activities Hall
Magnitude of Mental Illnesses in Tamil Nadu
In order to assess the viability of this project, a Techno-Economic Viability (TEV) study (by Dun & Bradstreet) was conducted to determine the need for mental healthcare services in India, with focus on the project location – Tamil Nadu.
Key findings of the TEV study are given below, indicating the need for better mental healthcare facilities in Tamil Nadu:
Nearly 67 lakh adults (>18 years) and 3.8 lakh adolescents are likely to be suffering one or more mental health problems.
Around 7 Million people suffer from Common Mental disorders (including depression, anxiety disorders and substance use disorders)
Around 7 lakh people suffer from Severe Mental illnesses
Schizophrenia & other Psychotic disorders are higher among female than male (0.4% vs. 0.3%) and is in the age group of 30-39 years (0.7%).
Almost 23,000 above the age of 60 suffer from geriatric psychiatric disorders like Dementia / Depression
Around 2 lakh children suffer from subnormal intelligence and Learning Disorders (LDs)
Around 11 lakh children suffer from other childhood psychiatric problems
Around 15 lakh people suffer from Alcohol abuse and Substance misuse related problems.
Our Focus: Tamil Nadu, an Underserved Market
PREVALENCE OF MENTAL ILLNESSES IN TAMIL NADU REQUIRING SPECIAL ATTENTION
Attention Deficit Disorders
Specific Learning Disorders such as Dyslexia
ADOLESCENT & ADULTS
Alcohol & other Substance Dependence
Suicides in general population and farmers
Workplace Stress & Depressive Disorders
GERIATRIC ( >60 YEARS)
Key Challenges identified
Access: Sparse distribution of mental health facilities and health providers across Tamil Nadu
Lack of Trained Mental Healthcare Professionals including psychiatrists, psychologists, counsellors.
Lack of availability of data to understand the diseases burden in different districts is a challenge.
ATHMA MIND CITY – Beds distribution
Athma Mind City will have an exclusive,
De-Addiction Center with Rehabilitation for treatment and care of Alcohol Addicts and Substance Dependent patients.
31+18+6=55 beds (49 beds including long stay) + 6 for separate female De-addiction unit facility with best in Industry Practices
Long stay facilities and separate Female only Wards
High Success Rate – Minimum Relapses
Industry Leading Experience
ATHMA MIND CENTRE (PHASE I)
6 Acres located at Alundur, Trichy (*Land already acquired by the Promoter and the market value is INR 3 Crores)
G+1 floors – 65,496 Sq. Ft.
166 Beds across departments
De Addictions Centre: 55 beds (6 bedded Female ward)
Dementia Care & other Mental Illness: 106 beds
Cottage : 5 Beds
State of the Art Equipment
Well designed and Landscaped Open Areas
Holistic Facilities for Ayur Massage, Gym, Yoga
Effective yet Non-Intrusive Security system
Facilities for Training and development of Staff
Key Investment Considerations
NEED OF THE HOURAccessibility to Mental Healthcare remains a major hurdle in India – ATHMA aims to lead the way in overcoming this challenge given the wide experience, by offering specialized facilities with quality services through its team of experts.
WELL-ESTABLISHED BRANDATHMA is one of the most sophisticated mental healthcare providers in TN, following a multi- disciplinary approach in patient care, research & training, implementing promotive, preventive & curative aspects of clinical services in Mental Healthcare & Human Behavioural Science.
TEAM EXPERTISE & EXPERIENCEFounded by leading Neuro Psychiatrist Dr. Ramakrishnan (25+ years’ experience) & backed by a team of eminent Psychiatrists & dedicated mental healthcare professionals - Clinical Psychologists, Social Workers & Trained Nurses - offering 24x7 high quality service.
RESIDENTIAL CARE FOR THE DISTRESSEDWith ATHMA Mind City, we aim to provide a full-fledged Residential Care for patients with experienced caregivers round-the-clock, providing relief to family members by limiting the need for their presence, without compromising on the treatment, security and care.
REHABILITATION & TRAININGATHMA’s psychological therapy exerts its restorative influence thru communication & guided action, and by eliminating social, educational and economic disparities through Rehabilitation & Training, enabling patients to lead a life of dignity with self-sustenance.
IMPACTING LIVESCurrently serving over 65,000+ Patients across mental healthcare disciplines, ATHMA has impacted the lives of many more since 1993, and continues to expand and create awareness towards the cause.
- ATHMA Hospitals and Research Pvt. Ltd. is a 80 bedded speciality hospital offering Mental Healthcare services including Psychiatric illnesses, Child & Adolescent Psychiatric problems, De-Addiction and other mental health problems, since 1993 in Trichy, Tamil Nadu, India.
- It is managed by eminent team of Psychiatrists and supported by a team of Clinical Psychologists, Social Workers, Trained Nurses and other health care professionals.
- The hospital provides both Out-Patient and In-Patient care, and has all the necessary facilities including Laboratory, Pharmacy, Psychiatric Nursing, Intensive Care Unit (ICU), Ambulance facility and House-keeping.
- Athma has served over 67,000+ patients across various segments of mental health issues through its various speciality centres.
- It also conducts regular Mental Health Awareness and promotion campaigns across villages, schools and colleges, including Stress Management classes and activities.
Proposed new facility- Phase I
- Given the growing need and to cater to the increasingly unfulfilled demand in the region, the company is proposing a 166 bedded (65,496 sq.ft. G+1 floors) Psychiatric Specialty Hospital – ATHMA MIND CITY (new facility proposed) – which will focus on Residential Care for General Psychiatry, De-Addiction and Dementia.
- The land (6 Acres) for the project has been acquired already, and the civil works are yet to commence.
- ATHMA MIND CITY aims to further deliver holistic & quality psychiatric treatment as well as Residential Care with well- designed, landscaped open areas to give a relaxed and peaceful ambience to the facility, along with an effective yet non-intrusive Security system.
- The hospital will provide screening of Psychiatric illnesses, Curative services, Mental Health promotive services, Treatment and Follow-up care, including both Out-Patient and In-Patient care.